The Oglethorpe Power Corp. Board of Directors re-elected Chairman Bobby Smith and Vice Chairman Marshall Millwood, and elected a new member, Randy Crenshaw, at a board meeting this week after the company’s annual meeting.
In addition to his work at Oglethorpe, where he is an at-large member director, Smith also serves on the Planters Electric Membership Corporation (EMC) Board. Smith replaced Benny Denham as board chairman last year, following Denham’s retirement.
Millwood is also an at-large member director of the Oglethorpe board, and with the recent re-election, he is beginning his fifth consecutive term as vice chairman. He also serves on the Sawnee EMC Board.
The board elected Crenshaw to replace retiring board member Hill Bentley, who is CEO of Tri-County EMC. Crenshaw will be an Oglethorpe Power board manager director and is also president and CEO of Irwin EMC and Middle Georgia EMC.
Oglethorpe Power serves 38 Electric Membership Corporations and, by extension, the 4.2 million Georgia residents whose homes they power.
Oglethorpe Power Board re-elects chairman, vice chair, elects new member
Organizations in this story
Oglethorpe Power Corporation 2100 E Exchange Pl Tucker, GA 30084
- NRC plan would lower fees for most licensees, applicants in '16
- NEI unveils six more reactor safety, efficiency bulletins
- Nuclear power roars back globally since decline that began in late '90s
- Andreas Norland joins Skyharbour Resources advisory board
- Fourth Nuclear Industry Summit focuses on industry's direction, security issues
- NEI: Bill would help fuel 'new generation of reactor technologies'
- NEI praises Wisconsin for lifting ban on new nuclear plants
- House Republicans call for $66 million NRC budget cut
- Physicist: Chernobyl, Fukushima myths unfairly hurt nuclear power's image
- NRC to hold open house on review of Waterford plant's Unit 3 reactor