Olkiluoto Nuclear Power Plant owner-operator TVO released 2015 economic-performance data this week on its Eurajoki, Finland, plant.
The statement indicates that total production of both reactors reached approximately 14.26 terawatt hours of electricity generation over the course of 2015. The company also reported that the facility had a combine load factor of 92.7 percent.
The facility also reported approximately .0014 terawatt hours of electricity generation from its wind power plant and had a load factor of 16.2 percent. The company said performance of Unit 2 was impacted by a generator failure in February.
“Thanks to the modernization projects carried out in 2010–2012, the plant units operated efficiently. In addition to the generator failure in OL2, we had hardly any production disruptions,” Senior Vice President of Production Mikko Kosonen said. “The annual outages proceeded also well and quickly.”
The company said it plans to make modifications that will improve safety at the plant and protect it from extreme weather. These are in line with other planned upgrades and modifications that will serve the facility better and ensure that the facility can obtain an operating license renewal from Finnish nuclear authorities in 2018.
Olkiluoto nuclear plant owner releases 2015 performance data
Organizations in this story
- NRC plan would lower fees for most licensees, applicants in '16
- NEI unveils six more reactor safety, efficiency bulletins
- Nuclear power roars back globally since decline that began in late '90s
- Andreas Norland joins Skyharbour Resources advisory board
- Fourth Nuclear Industry Summit focuses on industry's direction, security issues
- NEI: Bill would help fuel 'new generation of reactor technologies'
- NEI praises Wisconsin for lifting ban on new nuclear plants
- House Republicans call for $66 million NRC budget cut
- Physicist: Chernobyl, Fukushima myths unfairly hurt nuclear power's image
- NRC to hold open house on review of Waterford plant's Unit 3 reactor