Southern Co. named Thomas Bishop senior vice president, chief compliance officer and deputy general counsel of Southern Company Services, effective Jan. 1, the company said on Wednesday.
Bishop will be in charge of legal and regulatory areas, coordinating with other compliance officers within the Southern Company structure. Bishop
currently works as senior vice president, chief compliance officer,
corporate secretary and general counsel for Southern subsidiary Georgia Power.
"Tom's extensive legal and regulatory experience in the Southern Company system will bring immediate value to his new role," James Kerr II , Southern's executive vice president, general counsel and chief compliance officer, said. "He understands how to effectively address many of the challenges facing our company and industry today while positioning Southern Company for a successful future."
Bishop originally joined Southern in 1993 as a staff attorney. Prior to this, Bishop practiced law in Georgia, specifically in Atlanta, Macon and Cartersville. Bishop earned his law degree from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in 1985.
Southern Co. names new chief compliance officer of services unit
Organizations in this story
Southern Company 30 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd NW Atlanta, GA 30308
- NRC plan would lower fees for most licensees, applicants in '16
- NEI unveils six more reactor safety, efficiency bulletins
- Nuclear power roars back globally since decline that began in late '90s
- Andreas Norland joins Skyharbour Resources advisory board
- Fourth Nuclear Industry Summit focuses on industry's direction, security issues
- NEI: Bill would help fuel 'new generation of reactor technologies'
- NEI praises Wisconsin for lifting ban on new nuclear plants
- House Republicans call for $66 million NRC budget cut
- Physicist: Chernobyl, Fukushima myths unfairly hurt nuclear power's image
- NRC to hold open house on review of Waterford plant's Unit 3 reactor