The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) said this week that it has named Patricia Voss to serve as the new senior resident inspector at the Cooper Nuclear Station in Brownville, Nebraska.
Voss initially began working at the NRC as a reactor engineer in 2007. For the past five years, she has served as resident inspector at the Monticello nuclear plant in Minnesota.
“Patricia Voss’ technical experience and regulatory perspective will assist the NRC in carrying out its mission of protecting people and the environment, and ensuring the safe operation of the Cooper Nuclear Station,” NRC Region IV Administrator Marc Dapas said.
All nuclear facilities operating within the U.S. are assigned a minimum of two NRC resident inspectors. These individuals serve as liaisons between the NRC and the facility, and they are tasked with carrying out inspection and evaluation duties. They also monitor significant projects. Resident inspectors also interact with plant management, staff and community members regularly.
Voss will be joining Resident Inspector Chris Henderson at the Nebraska station. Voss earned a bachelor’s degree in nuclear engineering and radiological sciences from the University of Michigan.
NRC names new senior resident inspector at Nebraska's Cooper station
Organizations in this story
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission 11545 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852
- NRC plan would lower fees for most licensees, applicants in '16
- NEI unveils six more reactor safety, efficiency bulletins
- Nuclear power roars back globally since decline that began in late '90s
- Andreas Norland joins Skyharbour Resources advisory board
- Fourth Nuclear Industry Summit focuses on industry's direction, security issues
- NEI: Bill would help fuel 'new generation of reactor technologies'
- NEI praises Wisconsin for lifting ban on new nuclear plants
- House Republicans call for $66 million NRC budget cut
- Physicist: Chernobyl, Fukushima myths unfairly hurt nuclear power's image
- NRC to hold open house on review of Waterford plant's Unit 3 reactor