The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) released a status report on operating nuclear reactors on Monday.
Among all reported data, five reactors were shown to be under capacity and two not operating at any capacity. Currently, Unit 2 at the Surry Power Station in Surry, Virginia, and Unit 1 at the Donald C. Cook Nuclear Plant in Bridgman, Michigan, are not operating at any capacity.
Two reactors are operating between 60 and 70 percent capacity: the Columbia Generating Station located north of Richland, Washington, is operating at 65 percent capacity, and Unit 1 at the River Bend Station in St. Francisville, Louisiana, is currently at 63 percent operating capacity.
The remaining reactors that are not performing at full capacity have been reported above 95 percent. The Clinton Nuclear Generating Station in Clinton, Illinois, is currently operating at 99 percent; the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant in Monticello, Minnesota, is operating at 97 percent; and Unit 1 of the Arkansas Nuclear One power plant, located in Pope County, is also operating at 97 percent capacity.
All remaining reactors are performing at full power-generating capacity according to the NRC report. The NRC releases nuclear operating capacity reports on a daily basis.
NRC report indicates high reliability for nuclear reactors nationwide
Organizations in this story
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission 11545 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852
- NRC plan would lower fees for most licensees, applicants in '16
- NEI unveils six more reactor safety, efficiency bulletins
- Nuclear power roars back globally since decline that began in late '90s
- Andreas Norland joins Skyharbour Resources advisory board
- Fourth Nuclear Industry Summit focuses on industry's direction, security issues
- NEI: Bill would help fuel 'new generation of reactor technologies'
- NEI praises Wisconsin for lifting ban on new nuclear plants
- House Republicans call for $66 million NRC budget cut
- Physicist: Chernobyl, Fukushima myths unfairly hurt nuclear power's image
- NRC to hold open house on review of Waterford plant's Unit 3 reactor