Exelon's Limerick Generating Station in Pennsylvania will be holding an information night on June 25, in order to detail both its overall operation and safety measures in several areas.
The event will be held at the Limerick Learning Center between 4 and 7 p.m. ET.
“Community Information Night is a great opportunity to see a working nuclear station up close and meet the men and women who are dedicated to running it safely and reliably,” Limerick Plant Manager Dave Lewis said. “We look forward to hosting this event each year and sharing our commitment to nuclear safety and environmental stewardship with our neighbors.”
Staff of the plant will discuss with community members aspects of operating the plant including environmental stewardship, engineering practices and the safety measures that are in place to avoid industrial and radiological threats to staff and the facility.
Events like this are a part of the larger outreach and public information campaign that the facility is taking part in order to educate interested members of the public.
The Limerick Generating Station is located in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, and is owned by the Exelon Corp. According to the announcement, this station is a primary source of energy for approximately two million homes and business facilities.
Limerick, Pennsylvania, to hold community information night
Organizations in this story
Limerick Generating Station 3146 Sanatoga Rd Pottstown, PA 19464
- NRC plan would lower fees for most licensees, applicants in '16
- NEI unveils six more reactor safety, efficiency bulletins
- Nuclear power roars back globally since decline that began in late '90s
- Andreas Norland joins Skyharbour Resources advisory board
- Fourth Nuclear Industry Summit focuses on industry's direction, security issues
- NEI: Bill would help fuel 'new generation of reactor technologies'
- NEI praises Wisconsin for lifting ban on new nuclear plants
- House Republicans call for $66 million NRC budget cut
- Physicist: Chernobyl, Fukushima myths unfairly hurt nuclear power's image
- NRC to hold open house on review of Waterford plant's Unit 3 reactor