Siemens said yesterday that China Nuclear Power Engineering (CNPE) has chosen the company’s design software to help build safe and efficient nuclear power plants.
CNPE will use Siemens’ Teamcenter software for an engineering information management system that will be the single source of digitalized design data for users across all disciplines, regions and departments.
CNPE Information File Officer Gao Fuchun said nuclear power engineering construction needs advanced digital methods.
“Siemens has the required knowledge and expertise, along with the advanced innovative technologies, to properly address this critical need,” Fuchun said. “Our partnership will facilitate the upgrading and transforming of the nuclear power engineering construction industry, as well as the integration of information and industrialization.”
CNPE is a leader in China’s growing nuclear power industry and selected Teamcenter to serve as the collaboration platform and data backbone of its new system.
“We are extremely honored to be partnered with CNPE in driving the digitalization of China’s nuclear power engineering construction industry,” Siemens PLM Software VP and Managing Director Leo Liang said. “Their leadership, combined with our strong capability and comprehensive PLM solutions, will help them better manage their design efficiency and achieve their digitalization goal, while serving as a great example for others in their industry.”
Leading Chinese nuclear company selects Siemens design software
- NRC plan would lower fees for most licensees, applicants in '16
- NEI unveils six more reactor safety, efficiency bulletins
- Nuclear power roars back globally since decline that began in late '90s
- Andreas Norland joins Skyharbour Resources advisory board
- Fourth Nuclear Industry Summit focuses on industry's direction, security issues
- NEI: Bill would help fuel 'new generation of reactor technologies'
- NEI praises Wisconsin for lifting ban on new nuclear plants
- House Republicans call for $66 million NRC budget cut
- Physicist: Chernobyl, Fukushima myths unfairly hurt nuclear power's image
- NRC to hold open house on review of Waterford plant's Unit 3 reactor